If you’ve ever had the misfortune of having a lousy neighbor, you know how important it is to keep the good ones. If you’re the carton-drinking monster, however, you need be aware of some co-living manners:
1. Proper & frequent communication is the foundation of any healthy relationship in a coliving space.
2. Although personal hygiene standards vary, fundamental cleanliness is an easy ‘must-have.’ No one enjoys having a nasty and filthy housemate who refuses to clean up. Maintain a high level of cleanliness.
3. Mutual regard for one another, as well as regard for the coworking and coliving spaces, is an important part of shared living.
4. So, although coliving and coworking spaces are really about meeting new people and creating new friends, bringing strangers into the house without informing your housemates might be inconsiderate.
5. Being social with your coworking living neighbors is the best method to create communication and build a positive relationship.
6. This one necessitates some self-awareness. We’ve all got that one habit that irritates others to the point of madness.
7. A long-term connection can occasionally be built on the initial few essential minutes of interaction of two strangers in coworking living space.
8. Boundaries between private and community areas can sometimes be blurred in shared living environments such as coliving and coworking spaces.
Top Tip: Remember, you must see this person on a daily basis. Don’t let little details detract from your enjoyment.